Recipe type: Entree
Red Chili is a Colombian food recipe with onions and crushed chili.
- ½ Lb Ground beef
- ½ Onion, chopped
- Garlic Salt
- 2-3 Tbs Red Chili Powder
- 2-3 Tbs Crushed Red Chili
- ½ Cup Flour or ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ½ can Tomato Sauce
- In medium sized sauce pan, brown ground beef until well cooked, drain excess grease. Season to taste with salt, pepper, onion and garlic. Add 2-3 Tbs of red chili powder and 2-3 Tbs of crushed red chili. Add 1 quart of water and ½ can of tomato sauce. Bring to a rolling boil.
- In a separate container, mix flour or corn starch with COLD water to make a slightly thick mixture, make sure to dissolve all lumps. Pour mixture into boiling chile while stirring to thicken to a gravy like consistency (make sure to stir well or you will get lumps).
- If chile is not thick enough, add more flour or cornstarch mixed with water. Bring to a boil again and it is ready to serve. The amount of chili powder or crushed chili added can be adjusted to make a hotter or milder chile.