Recipe type: Entree
Potato Tortillas is a Colombian food recipe called Tortilla De Patata.
- 4-5 Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
- 5-6 Eggs
- Olive Oil
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes. Heat up a non stick frying pan with a few tablespoons of olive oil and a few cloves of garlic (diced or pressed). Once the pan is hot (medium to high heat), add the potatoes, let them fry and frequently turn them to prevent any burning.
- Dice the onion into small pieces and add to the potatoes, continue turning them. Season the potatoes, onion and garlic with salt and pepper, as desired.
- In a large to medium sized bowl, scramble the eggs and season them as well. Once the potatoes, onions and garlic (vegetables) are fully cooked, remove them from the heat. Let the vegetables cool down a bit and add them to the eggs. Mix the vegetables and eggs together.
- Clean the frying pan and add more olive oil and garlic. With medium/high heat pour the eggs/vegetables (batter) into the frying pan.
- Push the sides of the batter down with a wooden spoon to ensure that the batter does not stick to the sides of the frying pan. Also, lift up the pan and shake back and forth to make sure the bottom has not stuck either. Do not stir or break the batter, let the bottom side cook. After the batter has cooked, place a large plate (large enough to overlap the top of the pan) over the pan. Firmly hold the plate with one hand and the frying pan with the other. Flip the pan upside down with the plate tightly pressed on the top of the pan. Slide the tortilla back into the pan with the cooked side up. Let the tortilla fully cook on low/medium heat so that the middle of the tortilla is not runny.