Recipe type: Side
Patacones are a Colombian food recipe of fried plantains.
- 4 green plantains
- cooking oil
- Peel the plantains. Slice each into 4 or 5 pieces.
- Heat 1 inch cooking oil on medium heat until hot.
- Fry plantains a few at a time, turning them over, until the pieces are pale gold.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Lay fried plantains between two sheets of wax paper and compress them gently to about ¼ inch thick.
- Reheat oil. Refry plantains until golden brown.
- Drain on fresh paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and serve at once.