Recipe type: Appetizer
Nachos is a Colombian food recipe served all over South America.
- 1 cup well fried beans or canned
- 1 14½ ounce bag round corn tortilla chips or one recipe Tortilla Chips
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 pickle jalapeño chilies, sliced
- Guacamole or chunky fresh tomato
- Shredded chicken or beef
- Sour cream
- Chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 100 degrees F.
- Spread a thin layer of beans on each chip and place on a heatproof platter or baking pan. Sprinkle on the cheese and top with the chilies. Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately as is or add the toppings, alone or in a combination.