Recipe type: Soup
Meatball Soup is a Colombian food recipe called Albondiga Soup.
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef
- 1 Yellow Onion (Chopped in Small Pieces)
- 1 Cup Cooked White Rice
- 1 Egg
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- Optional: Noodles, Chopped Vegetables (carrots, celery, potatoes)
- Mix together with your hands hamburger meat, onions, rice, egg, salt and pepper.
- Once the mixture has been mixed, form into meat balls and set aside.
- In a Medium/Large soup pan – add water, tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil. Once the broth has come to a boil, reduce and start dropping in the meat balls. It is important that the broth is hot so that the meat balls will not fall apart. Add optional noodles and vegetables to broth. Continue to cook for 10-15 minutes. Serve in a bowl with Spanish rice.