Recipe type: Dessert
Mango Dessert is a Colombian food recipe with creamy jello cups.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 packets unflavored gelatin
- 5 medium, very ripe mangoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 2 cups light whipped topping
- Put the orange juice into a small heat-proof bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Peel mangoes, cut fruit from pits and puree in blender or food processor. You should have 4 cups of puree. Transfer puree to a large mixing bowl and stir in the sugar and evaporated milk.
- Warm the juice and gelatin over a bowl of hot water until liquid and smooth. Whisk the gelatin into the mango mixture.
- Stir in the whipped topping.
- Fill 10 small molds with the mango mixture, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 2 to 3 hours.
- To serve, invert molds onto a serving plate. Garnish with fresh fruit if desired and serve cold.