Recipe type: Drink
Cucumber Water is a Colombian food recipe for drinking on a hot day.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped
- Juice of 3 limes
- 6-8 tablespoons sugar
- Blend the cucumber, lime juice, sugar and 2 cups of cold water in a blender until frothy.
- Pour into a glass pitcher and add 4 additional cups of cold water. Taste for sugar and lime, adding more if needed.
- If not drinking immediately, store in the refrigerator, covered, for no more than 2 hours. Before serving, put ice cubes into tall glasses, stir in the cucumber water, and pour.
- Add a garnish of mint or cucumber.