Recipe type: Entree
Chili Casserole is a Colombian food recipe with cheesy, baked chilies called Rellenos.
- 1 can 27 oz. whole green chilies
- 1½ cup milk
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 3 cups of cheese
- 2 - 8 oz. cans of tomato sauce
- Rinse chilies and remove seeds and lay flat on paper towels to remove excess water.
- Mix milk, flour, eggs, salt and pepper together.
- Lightly butter/grease 9 X 13 pan and layer bottom of pan with chilies, then a layer of cheese, pour part of milk mixture over cheese, then repeat until those ingredients are complete/finished. Then pour two cans of tomato sauce over top.
- Sprinkle last bit of cheese on top, if any, or you may save some for the top.
- Bake in middle of oven for 1 to 1½ hours at 375 degrees. Let cool to set, then cut and enjoy.